The K-STAR island range hood K-1013 electronic button

The K-STAR island range hood K-1013 electronic button may be predisposed to damage from grease buildup due to the fact that it shares the same space as the air drawn in and the button circuit panel housing is not sealed. It may be possible to prevent this by removing the button circuit panel from its housing, wrap the circuit panel loosely with one layer of plastic food wrap such as Seran Wrap, place back inside its housing and install. This solution is my own invention, still experimental and may not yield results for many years.

Reply to
Molly Brown

-If the designer of this appliance is so inept as to omit something so simple, what else has been overlooked? Thanks for posting this...I'll add it to my list of things to avoid. Nice solution for a potential problem, for sure.

Joe

Reply to
Joe