Termite Pest Control - Help me pick the best deal please

I have had several companys come and look at a termite problem we are having at our home. I have narrowed it down to two companies. Can someone please give me their two cents worth.

Company 1 recommends trenching and rodding around the outside perimeter and drilling through concrete slabs. This includes drilling along the perimiter INSIDE the house outer walls down through the concrete slab. Chemicals used will be Prevail FT 0.25%

cost 875.00 plus tax total 947.19

Company 2 also recommends trenching around perimeter of house. Infected areas will also be treated with Dursban, Demon or Prevail.

Perimeter will be treated with either Premise,Phantom or Termidor.

Costs: If perimeter is treated with: Premise: 765.50

Phantom: 882.00

Termidor: 998.50

I have heard good things about Termidor. What do you all think is the best deal and most effective. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Mike in South Texas

Reply to
Who Cares

Either deal should work but to make sure they aren't ripping you off I would demand a one year warrantee and money back gaurantee in writing. Which companies by the way?

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

What type of termites... In S. Texas I believe there are two types...?

Reply to
BeamGuy

I used the sentricon( not sure of exact name) system. No poisons, they put stationa around the house and wait for activity. When they get they add a bait they stops termites from reproducing(their skeletons break). It's slower but it worked here without treches and poison. Used local guy about $1300. You can find out about it at Teminex or other big companiy web sites or yellow pages. i didn't use them big they have good info.

Reply to
Fjx1

Reply to
Steven Bliss

In article , snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam says... :) When they get they add a bait :) they stops termites from reproducing(their skeletons break). It's slower but it :) worked here without treches and poison. Used local guy about $1300. :) :) The problem with the Sentricon/Exterra baiting is that it's too expensive for no more results you get. One reason why I gave up on baiting for home protection. They can very well be getting into the house before they decide to go for a bait station so that the technician can start feeding them the product. I have numerous accounts that have come from failed baiting. It actually doesn't stop the reproduction, but kills the termites when they molt, as they grow. Which according to Terminix they need to allow 18 months to get colony elimination.

Reply to
Lar