Termite control

Hello guys,

I need your oppinion about termite control. I have recently discovered 3 tubes in one place between garage and house and when I opened 1st tube I saw bunch termite going up and down the tube. In next day or so, I put some kind of ants/bugs/termite killer (it was in bottle bought in Lowes) concetrate, so I mixed with watter and pour in the soil around those tubes with termites. I have waited few days before I have opened those tubes and didn't see any termite in. I waited few more days and say few termites again in those tubes agian, so I pure in the rest of that concetrate mixed with watter into the ground by those tubes today. I am not sure if it will work out or not.

Can you guys recommend something really good about termite and what kills them, some kind of chemicalls what I can buy and where should I go to buy this thing.

All advice and help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Very sincerely,

Dino K.

P.S., I have had pest control here few days ago and they make an estimate about $1200 + I have to sign contract for a year long, so they can stop by every quarter and check this things with termite on. Is that to much or is it reasonable price??? If it's to much, do you know someone else who do I need to contact about it??

Thanks.

Reply to
dino

:) Can you guys recommend something really good about termite and what kills :) them, some kind of chemicalls what I can buy and where should I go to buy :) this thing. :) :) All advice and help will be highly appreciated.

You are dealing with an underground colony so anything you put out will stop them there, but they will just move over a bit to an untreated area. Termiticides are formulated to last a number of years, where as general insecticides for lawn/garden pests will break down rather quickly, so any of those types of products will be short lived which will probably branch the colony off to another location and then probably have them return within a year in the original location. If you shop around for a professional the best product out there in way of stopping the termites that they can use is one called Termidor..the second will be Phantom a close third will be Premise, followed by the pyrethroids then baiting. Cost will vary greatly from company to company.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!

Lar

Reply to