Tektronix 2235 Problem - Can't seem to get the trace to show up.

No matter what I do I can't seem to get the dang machine to show the trace anywhere. When I press the beam find button I can see it but it looks really aweful. It is almost a half of circle. It looks like the horizontal defletion is gone or something. Has anyone seen this problem before and can help me out?? Alos does anyone have a service manual for this o-scope? Thanks.

Chris

Reply to
<Chris>

Link to 2225 manual. It may help.

ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/tek/2225/

Reply to
borgunit

anywhere. When I press the beam find button I can see it but it looks really aweful. It is almost a half of circle. It looks like the horizontal defletion is gone or something. Has anyone seen this problem before and can help me out?? Alos does anyone have a service manual for this o-scope? Thanks.

It is more likely an indication that you have lost your high voltage regulation.

Reply to
JimL

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (borgunit) wrote in news:c7e61$427a1931$455da0d2$ snipped-for-privacy@allthenewsgroups.com:

Nope,not even close.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

JimL wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Maybe a bad HV multiplier. He can probably find a manual on Ebay,or Google search for TEK service manuals.

Reply to
Jim Yanik