Table Saw question

Can anyone tell me the power of the motor on the old craftsmen 10" saw was? I have the saw but it is missing the motor. I think it was 1hp 3450 rpm but I am not sure

Reply to
Boots

On 1/7/2005 5:05 PM US(ET), Boots took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

This is best asked in the rec.woodworking group. Since 'old craftsman

10" saw' could be any of a number of models with different sized motors, post the model number. Even with the model number, you can probably go to the Sears parts site and look it up yourself.
willshak

That is what the original motor was on my old craftsman saw. It was replaced with a 2HP.

Reply to
toller

I have a 30 year old 10" Crapsman and it calls itself 2HP. I bet sears has the motor on their web site. You need the model number from the plate.

Reply to
Greg

Might be a clue in the pulley size of the saw. If it is relatively small, say 1

1/2-2" then the motor pulley would be larger to spin the saw blade at around 3400 RPM and the motor would therefore be 1750 RPM. A larger pulley would need the same size on the motor at 3450 RPM. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Most table saws use a 10" blade. If it's a benchtop or contractor, it's probably a 1 HP. Cabinet saws are typically 3 HP, with a few 5 HP. Sears has excellent customer service, although not necessarily excellent tools. Browse

. If it uses a 1 HP, consider upgrading to a 1.5 HP if your circuit can handle it.

Reply to
Phisherman