Symmons Model B

Hi Folks.. I have a Symmons Model B shower only valve. Recently, the voume/diverter handle has become loose, and floppy, and no longer changes the volume of the spray. I have the original diagram and I'm wondering if my best bet would be to replace that "diverter/volume spindle...and if so..could I see that that was the culprit just by looking at it?..and..do I have to shut off the water to this shower before i try to remove that spindle? Appreciate any tips or suggestions.... Thanks, John

Reply to
John J