Surgery students 'losing dexterity to stitch patients'

This is true. We struggle to find people with good simple engineering and assembly skills. Old gits are way better.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

Reply to
p-0''0-h the cat (coder)

On 30 Oct 2018, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote (in article):

Let?s all go back to Meccano sets....

Reply to
Fruitiest of Fruitcakes

In message , Fruitiest of Fruitcakes writes

I agree entirely with you (second time this month, I think - so keep up the good work).

Reply to
Ian Jackson

On 30 Oct 2018, Ian Jackson wrote (in article ):

When I was at school, subjects included metalwork, woodwork, technical drawing.

Are today?s children taught this, or do they just concentrate on Tudor history to the present day?

Reply to
Fruitiest of Fruitcakes

No technical drawing for me

  • woodwork, metalwork, +cooking, +basic sowing, +shooting at the ATC (single shot .22 rifles - well , it was basic shooting and safety training for kids).

Pity none of those counted for "O" levels, so I only bagged a baker's dozen.

No idea. Don't think anyone here is younger than 60. Ask your grandchildren. Or the Bouffant. It's still being toilet-trained, so it probably qualifies. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Back then, kids had dads.

Reply to