Supreme Court rules 9-0 against EPA over wetlands

they don't seem to have had one (and for sure don't now - not needed). That case drug on fr several years until it got to the Supremes who pointed out clearly that becasue a beurocrat says something, that ain't good enough.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

If Saddam hadn't used CBW in the past, I doubt the WMD question could have risen up as far as it did and we might never have gone to war with them. His past use of CBW made the threat more "vibrant."

There might have been an overall *eventual* benefit for the Kurds. Depends on how they perceive their current state of affairs. As for the Iranians - they probably just died without much overall future benefit.

Ever cloud has a silver lining, every tornado contains a lot of loose change.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Reply to
Robert Green

You must have missed my post where I said my bet is that they will (the plaintiffs) will loose eventually.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

top-to-bottom

Yep, I missed it. Sorry. I guess we agree it's not as big a leap as it should be. I'm not even sure the EPA should have any authority over private citizens and their homesteads. Most massive pollution is caused by corporate entities.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

As an aside, Alan Dershowitz posited the following rules:

  1. Virtually every criminal defendant is guilty.
  2. Rule #1 is known to the judge, the district attorney, and defense counsel.
  3. Few criminal defendants can be convicted without violating one or more of their Constitutional rights.
  4. Rule #3 is known to the judge, the district attorney, and defense counsel.
  5. Defendants are often convicted, not for what they did, but for what can be proved. Much of the time what they did cannot be proved and what was proved was not what they did.
  6. Rule #5 is known to the judge, the district attorney, and defense counsel.

Studying the above rules will demonstrate why almost everyone in prison feels they are there on a bum rap.

Reply to
HeyBub

Ya forgot the mosst important one.

Trials are nt about "justice" it is only about who wins or loses the case.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

They damn sure didn't die from cancer! QED.

Reply to
HeyBub