SUMP PUMP PROBLEM

I have a perimeter drain in my basement. The plastic pipe is graded to force water to pump, but with this last storm There was little water going into the sump pump. I did get a wet basement. I would think with that much rain the pump would be running constantly, like my neighbor's who did not get a flooded basement. Could my drainage pipes be blocked. Any Ideas.

Reply to
macpap_1

pull cover inspect pump, pull up on float does pump turn on?

water in sump? add water to sump pump turn on?

wheres does the water discharge too? does water come out?>

Reply to
hallerb

I inspected the pump and it works fine. Water does come out but ata slow rate for this much water.

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
macpap_1 via HomeKB.com

THere is only one exposed area to where the water is coming in. The one side is the Garage and the other side is where I had an addition built. I think your resolution has credence, and will check it out, but seems like my pipes should have been shooting water out like a fire hose.

Thanks for your help. STP

Reply to
macpap_1 via HomeKB.com

Perimeter meaning inside the wall? Was the water within or without the perimeter of these pipes?

Anyway you look at it, they should have drained some water. Certainly if there was enough to get into the basement. But it ddoes depend on how the water got into the basement. How do you think it got there?

Reply to
dnoyeB