sugestions for removing ceramic tiles off the floor

Besides just taking a hammer and breaking the tiles to bits and then doing the same for cement and metal lathe under the tiles, does anybody have a sugestion on how to best remove old tiles so I can lay new ones? The area is fairly small (5ft*6ft.).

Reply to
Leon

I did this exact same job about a year ago. Bashing things apart with a hammer and chisel took far less time and effort than I expected.

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

I had a much larger area, and I went and bought an air chisel. I imagine you could do it easily with a brick chisel and a hammer. Get a 4" razor scraper to take off the underlying stuff.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Get an inexpensive ( Besides just taking a hammer and breaking the tiles to bits and then doing

Reply to
RB

I did this a few years back. You can rent an electric chisel at your local tool rental shop.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress