Sub-Zero Freezer Problem

I have a Sub-Zero 550 and Ice seems to build up on the right side of the bottom freezer. I opened the above panel which connects to the drain. The water that seems to drain freezes and leaks on the inside. does anyone know what maybe causing this?

thanks..

Reply to
gaflt

I have a Sub-Zero 550 and Ice seems to build up on the right side of the bottom freezer. I opened the above panel which connects to the drain. The water that seems to drain freezes and leaks on the inside. does anyone know what maybe causing this?

thanks..

Reply to
gaflt

Hi,

Clear ice like an ice cube? If yes, defrost drain may be clogged/restricted and the defrost water is leaking inside.....soem have had problems with the drain freezing over and a heater kit can be added to help...

drain heater kit with installation guide tube and instructions.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid