Sub-zero 650 dri pan water overflow (2023 Update)

Hi, I have a Sub-zero 650 fridge whose drip pan has water overflow. Every n ight it has 1/4 volume of the water in the drip pan and the water never goe s away, after a couple of nights it caused overflow and had already made my floor wet. Need advice about what happened and how could I fix it.

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
Hilbert

Hilbert, there could be a leaky door gasket which would let humidity containing air get into the fridge. In a case like that, there will excessive ice buildup which will melt during the defrost cycle thus causing an overflow of the drain pan. Many refrigerators have part of the condenser tubing coiled up in the drain pan to heat and evaporate the condensate. When I serviced commercial refrigeration which had a problem with too much condensate overflowing the drain pan, I installed a pan heater which would evaporate the water in the pan. In your case, there could be dirt buildup in the drain pan and cleaning it out could take care of the problem but make sure the door gaskets are sealing especially for the freezer section. Let us know what you find. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Our 1989 model 532 works perfectly. The only issue we have had in 33 years is replacement of the door gaskets and a condenser fan (fan 8-10 years ago and door gaskets 5 years ago). However, lately we have noticed the drip pan fills up in about a month and we have to check and drain it every 30 days. It has an inside ice maker and i think it might be ice overflow (when its full and you open it, I think some ice might fall backwards sometimes) but also concerned it might be a water valve....which I have no idea of the location or how to check it. Also, unsure if there is a heater evaporator above the drip pain...if so, how to determine if it is working

Reply to
wpickron

Online appliance parts stores typically have parts diagrams, that should show if there is a heater for the drip pan.

Reply to
trader_4