Stuck Delta Faucet Handle

On Friday, December 4, 2015 at 3:14:29 AM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

Yeah its kinda nice when old threads reappear. it reminds me of some of what was going on back then.
my dogs puddle and susie were still alive and healthy, my marriage was still together, stuff like that
On 12/4/2015 7:45 AM, bob haller wrote:

You playing country western records backwards, Bob?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/4/2015 12:54 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

No need to fly off the handle like you have a screw loose.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
On 12/4/2015 12:54 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

Well duh, you have to let the penetrating oil soak in a while.
replying to Ed Pawlowski, Devon Heron wrote: I let liquid wrench soak over-night and didn't help... saw an earlier comment on this thread and used the Creme-brulee torch (didn't harm the chrome) on the set-screw for 30 seconds. (2 tries).. then the screw finally started to move... now I have a fancy twisted hex-wrench! :-)
replying to Ed Pawlowski, Catherine wrote: I bet you feel like a big boy now!
replying to ItsJoanNotJoann, Woodchuck wrote: What is your point? Have setscrews stopped sticking on Delta faucet handles? Or are you saying that all possible ways of freeing stuck setscrews have already been presented here? I ask this because I have a stuck setscrew on a Delta kitchen faucet this evening, 11/16/2016, and I found Devon Herin's post from seven (7) months ago helpful and encouraging.
replying to John Keiser, Hackin' through wrote: I just had two faucets with the same problem - hot water side on both, a lot of calcium carbonate deposit. Soaking in vinegar seemed to have no effect. Then I 1) sprayed on some liquid wrench, 2) waited an hour, 2) put in a _high quality_ hex wrench (a bit-type that fits a 1/4 inch drive), 3) tapped it a few times with a hammer to try to vibrate-out some of the stuck-ness, 4) put some pressure in both directions a few times (clockwise/tighten and counterclockwise/loosen), then 5) went for it, to loosen. Sink #1: The set screw came out, nothing damaged. Sink #2: The high quality hex bit broke in the set screw. The broken piece stuck out enough that it was easy to extract. Back to the hardware store to take advantage of the bit's lifetime guarantee!
replying to Hackin' through, Hackin' through wrote: ... Sink #2, the saga continues: Per another web page, I tried unscrewing it using at TORX screwdriver that fit the hex hole snugly. Now I have a broken TORK tip wedged in the set screw hole. BUT - looking at the handle I had been able to remove, I saw that the set screw just pressed against the faucet cartridge stem (not going into any notable indentation. I was able to pull the chrome cover straight up by wiggling it back and forth, and wedging q-tip stems under it as space was created. So now it is off, although the set screw still has the TORX tip jammed inside. I wish I had thought to force it up before jamming up the set screw; with the handle off (the cartridge stem no longer in the way), I could have just screwed the set screw in until it went all the way through..
On 9/3/2018 12:14 PM, Hackin' through wrote:

Easy to fix. Do you want to have these problems in the future? No. Go to the plumbing supply, buy a nice Kohler faucet and replace the crap in there. Once and done.