Ozone Generator rental in Houston

Hi All,

I heard that ozone generators can eliminate smoke odors from houses. If a smoker has been living in a house for a year or so. Will this eliminate the smoke odors? If so, can anyone recommend a place in Houston that will rent ozone generators?

Thanks

mike

Reply to
mndang

We only use ozone generators to remove odors after everything else that accumulates smoke film or smoke debris is cleaned or replaced. Just using the OG by itself will not help much.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Right. The ozone doesn't penetrate deeply into fabrics and carpet. You should also read up on ozone generators on the EPA site. Ozone in sufficient concentration can be far worse for you than a smoke odor.

RicodJour

CLEANING the walls, ceiling, HVAC ducts, floors and ALL surfaces is what gets rid of the tars in smoke that coat things and have a lingering, long lasting odor.

Reply to
Robert Gammon

Ozone- O3 has strict gov exposure limits which any O3 generator easily exceeds, Ozone is bad for lungs, it oxidises them. Read up before you go ahead, Don`t even consider it if you will be in the house. There is good reason Sharper Image half assedly put on a O3 to Oxygen catylist, it only covers maybe 50% of the air output.

Reply to
m Ransley