Stuck American Standard Kitchen Faucet Handle went flying across the room (broken screw?)

My A/S Kitchen Faucet seized up causing the handle to go flying across the room. I think the handle screw broke and part of the screw may still be stuck inside. I guess I shouldn't have applied so much force. :-)

A/S kitchen faucets use ceramic cartridges according to...

Parts to replace...

1) Faucet Cartridge by American Standard (replace ?) 2) Cartridge seal kit (if NOT replacing Faucet Cartridge) 3) Faucet O-ring kit 4) Waterproof Silicone Faucet Grease, Silicone Sealant, Plumbers valve Grease for O-rings

Do I need to replace the faucet cartridge?

Just curious, what causes A/S kitchen faucets to seize up?

Here's what my kitchen faucet looks like (but I'm not sure if it's the same model as mine, A/S Cadet is similar as well)...

A/S Reliant Single Handle Standard Kitchen Faucet and Side Sprayer in Polished Chrome

Adam