stripped set screw

You may not see it, but I gather you don't own any. I do and they work well. They probably say HSS but I'm not going to go look, because regardless of what they say, I've drllled out several screws, all of which had holes in them after I drilled a while, and most of which unscrewed before I was done drilling in them. IOW, they work well. If they work only once, it's worth the money for the whole set.

The only other left-handed option is a major drill maker, whose name escapes me, who sells bits one at at a time and a collection of 4 is a lot more than a set at HF.

They don't seem to sell a set of 4 anymore, just a set of 13, for $10. More money but 9 more drills Well worth it.

from 1/16 to 1/4 by 64ths, in a metal case.

Needs a reversible drill of course.

Reply to
micky

One of the problems are people who tighten allen screws till they go click click click. At which point they are ruined and will likely never come out:(

I ran into one of those today:( a shaft in a tube held in place with allens neither of which would move....

managed to move the shaft enough to get the roller out, and had a spare roller and shaft with me:)

Saving me a over 2 hour round trip drive .

I service heated roll laminators for a living....

Reply to
bob haller

But, you'll post a link and not read it? Yeah, they ARE HSS. Read yer own link, dolt. And no, I don't own any, living 150 mi from the hearest HF. Fortunately, I know how to read.

nb

Reply to
notbob

I wasn't going to go look for the drills and read what it says on them. Later I decided to look for and post the link.

Reply to
micky

J:

You should be aware that in most cases, faucet companies will use the same cartridges in their faucets for decades, and only the handles will come and go as plumbing fashions change. So, if the company is still in business, there's any excellent chance that any faucets they make now with similar handles will fit your faucet because they're still probably using the same cartridge.

Also, you should download and snoop through IKissler's faucet parts catalogue. Kissler is a company in New York that specializes in parts for obsolete faucets. They simply purchase those parts from the casting and chrome plating companies that made them for the original faucet manufacturer.

I installed Crane two handle tub & shower faucets when I renovated the

21 bathrooms in my building. Crane discontinued their two handle tub & shower faucet in 1994, and the escutcheon plates that went on around the cartridges before the faucet knobs had disappeared from stock within a few years after that. But I can still buy those escutcheon plates, and any other part I need for them from Kissler because Kissler still buys those parts from the Malaysia company that originally made them for Crane. In fact, the escutcheon plates I buy from Kissler now still have the original Crane name on them even though Crane hasn't ordered those parts for about two decades now.

Kissler is a wholesaler with a $250 minimum order, but they supply hardware stores throughout the United States, and their customer service department should be able to tell you who they ship to regularily in your area, and then it would just be a matter of ordering the faucet handles (presuming Kissler has them) and waiting for that store's next order from Kissler to be delivered.

'Kissler | Plumbing Repair Parts'

Get on Kissler's web site and click on the "Repair Parts" link in the black bar near the top of the site. When the new page loads, click on thier "Handles and Inserts" catalogue to download it. There'll be a lot of obsolete faucet handles in that catalogue, so you'll have to recognize your handle from the pictures and drawings.

Reply to
nestork

CraigT