Strange door installation

The interior doors in my condo go from floor to ceiling (8 ft. slabs) with no frame at the top. The side trim just ends at the ceiling. I would like to install something at the top so they look more "finished" and hopefully make the doors more soundproof. There is at least a 3/4" space between the top of the door & the ceiling. I'm pretty handy but want to keep it simple.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Suzy

Reply to
Nightstar

Do you have central A/C and/or hot air heat? If yes, does each room have a *return* vent for the air to go back to the heating/cooling unit? If yes to the first question and no to the second, leave it like it is. The gaps are part of your air return. Most don't have it at the top, only an extra large space at the bottom, but with the gap at the top, the A/C will work better.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Reply to
Nightstar