Molded electrical plug source

People, I am looking for a source or some know-how on how to *NOT* pay $40 to RCA/Thomson Electric for a $2 electrical cord.

Using the Internet I purchased an AC/DC 9" tv-vcr for my Thanksgiving road trip.

Unfortunately the only power cord included was the 12v cigarette lighter.

Missing was the (unbeknownst to me at the time) $40 (!) 110/120v cord.

The cord I don't have needs two things:

A female end with a total of 5 pin connectors; 3 on one side 2 on the other, and --- the correct wire map inside the molded plug.

I have included 3 pictures of the molded end that fit in the TV here:

Pretty crappy, I know. Taken with one those "free" picture phones.

The model of TV is an RCA T09082 and the part that I specifically need is a "242865".

I don't think the plug on the TV side will work on the 110/120 side, as it only has 2 of the 5 conductor holes fitted with copper. So rigging some cut-out in between won't work.

What I am sort of looking for would be someone who might recognize this part as an AMP or similar model, and then I could try and work backwards from there.

As I do type this, and realize all the other college educated, semi-professionals like me are reading it too, I reckon spending $48 (ship+tax) isn't the end of the world. Just bloody stupid as the set only cost $45 to begin with....

Oh yeah, dimensions might not hurt:

it's 13/16" long-side by 5/8" short-side by 3/4" depth. It does have that tab about an 1/8" high semi-circular in shape that is to the right of the 3, and the left of the 2, when viewed from the front. It's some type of keying feature obviously and visible on the photos. The numbers 3 and 2 describe the female connectors molded into the plug. The numbers are molded top to bottom, right to left - again as you are facing the plug from the outside and the top.

Cheerio Mates

Reply to
ng_reader

I doubt the 120v cord is simply a cord with a unique female connector, it's also probably got an in-line power supply which converts the 120v AC to 12v DC.

Those little discount 9" car televisions don't have an internal 120v power supply.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
HaHaHa

Reply to
Art Todesco

Nope, the electronics are built in. Just a cord with two special connectors, like Art says.

However, and this is truly a rip-off, the DC cord is $18, which would lead you to believe that maybe there *IS* some active piece you're getting.

But I just saw the actual living breathing cord on ebay: Item number:

5735231520

So, It's nothing more than two molds and stranded copper 18 AWG.

Thanks for the responses, however.

Reply to
ng_reader