Store riding lawn mower without a shed?

Im looking for ideas on how to protect and store a riding lawn mower without a shed to keep it in.

Would it be OK to lay a piece of 4x8 sheet of plywood on the lawn.... drive the riding mower on top of it....and the bungee cord a tap over the mower and to screw eyes in the plywood?

Basically id be forming a "tent" over the mower itself.

Would this be OK at protecting the mower from elements and also for storage in the winter?

Im in north Missouri if that helps.

Reply to
me6

I would nix the plywood, that's going to cause a mess with your lawn. If you have a permanent spot in mind, I would dig about a 4" deep rectangle, line the bottom of it with weed-resistant sheeting, and order a load of gravel to fill it. *Much* less potential for complications all around, I think.

The tarp is an excellent idea. You can buy stakes to pound into the ground that have a triangle shaped top on them (flat on top) to secure the tarp with, maybe use short bungee cords _ from the tarp grommets to the stakes. \ / | (crude text only drawing of the stakes ---> ) | |

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Don't forget you need to help protect it in the winter from small animals. Plug the exhaust and intake pull the battery and make sure you either run it dry or put stabilizer in the gasoline the plywood on the lawn would kill the lawn don't know how wet things are you might want to raise the plywood up with some bricks or make sure the area drains well.

Wayne

Reply to
wayne