question about laminate flooring install

We're looking at getting some Wilsonart Estate laminate flooring installed. I hadn't planned on installing it myself, so we got a couple of bids on product + installation. There's some conflicting info I can't figure out:

Bid A is telling me my existing baseboards, which aren't very thick at all (< 1/2" I think) will be fine. Bid B is telling me that I'll need new baseboards preferably 5/8" thick, and my current baseboards probably won't work out.

I'm trying to figure out which guy to believe... obviously I don't wanna pay for or DIY new baseboards if I don't have to. Thinking totally like a sceptic, I'd say Bid A may be taking a gamble installing with too-small of a gap, and Bid B is trying to get me to install fatty baseboards to make his install easier (assuming more gap allows for more slop).

But I really have no idea. Does a more precise install job produce a smaller gap? How much gap do I really need here?

Reply to
zip

Tommy & Megan Price