Riding lawn mower problem

I have a Poulan Pro riding lawn mower. It has just started having a problem that I need help diagnosing. It is some kind of a fuel problem and is related to the position of the mower while cutting. My land is sloped and, when cutting the following happens. If I am cutting across the slope and my left side is on the downhill side of the slope, the mower gets plenty of gas and works perfectly. If I am cutting across the slope and my right side is on the downhill slope, it slows down and seems to lack power. It almost slows to a stop. The fuel pump is mounted on the left side of the engine. Any thoughts about what is going on will be appreciated. THanks

Reply to
Jack

How long have you been using this machine? If the problem just started (assuming you've been mowing across that slope previously) perhaps you have a partially clogged fuel filter. You can also have a little water in your fuel tank, when listing to the right it may be sucking up some water with the gas... try adding some dry gas.

Reply to
Sheldon

...or, if it is a carbourated engine, the float bowl may have leaked, letting some fluid in.

cheers

oz

Reply to
MajorOz