stacked washer dryer, dryer works, washer does not

Got a kenmore stackable washer/dryer when a friend moved out of an apt. Hooked up the water, drain, vent and electricty. The dryer works fine, but the washer does not respond to the control knobs at all. My friend assured me it worked when he last had it hooked up.

-Tried all cycles and settings

-made sure it was level ... there are 2 foots extending out of the bottom towards the rear of the washer. I assume it's for balancing the spin cycle?

-checked the lid switch with a screwdriver to push the actuator

-checked water supply

Still nothing, there isn't even water being pulled in. If the motor had failed, would it still try to fill it up with water?

Reply to
odiggity

Hi,

Kenmore is made by several different companies....model#?

model# helps.

Yes It should.

That doesn't check it.

Will the washer run if you set it is a spin or drain mode?

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Checked the connections on the back, there is only one cable.

I opened up the panel that the cable was connected and verified the wires are proberly secured.

Still nothing

Reply to
odiggity

looks ,oike i've fixed it. The problem was where the power supply cables connected in back. I thought that I had secured them, but it seems that I did not have it properly secured to the breakout box. One screw is a bit corroded, so I replaced it and viola

Reply to
odiggity