Balboa hottub heater questopn

I have a Balboa hottub. The heater has suddenly internittently stopped increasing temperature. It will heat to 100 degrees, then stop. When you try to increase the temp, the light indicating thatit is heating, will not come on and the temp does not go past 100. However it does not go below 100. A few hours later, it will work fine. A few days later it will malfunction again.

Any experience with these. Thermostat, heating element, panel. I see where replacement parts can be purchased but I don't know which one(s) to consider.

Thanks

Reply to
aaa

Sounds more like a flow issue. Insufficient flow of water will cause the heating element to stay off to protect it from damage. Does it have the problem if you remove the filter elements? Is the water level high enough? A filter element can "look" clean, and still be quite clogged from things like lotions, cosmetics, and moisturizers that were not washed off the skin prior to entering the tub

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor