Squirell Control

Still, it would be interesting to know what kinds of surroundings exist around the homes which suffer the most brazen squirrel intrusions. For example, we've all seen those obscene housing developments where every tree is removed for no particular reason, leaving no place for squirrels to nest. I wonder if houses in such places are more prone to squirrel nonsense.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

on 10/4/2007 10:46 AM JoeSpareBedroom said the following:

Fortunately, some municipalities have ordinances for tree removal. Where I once lived it was called The Shade Tree Commission. Healthy trees could only be removed up to a certain distance from the house footprint, or when the tree would interfere with construction. Those developments retained the original trees between houses.

Reply to
willshak

I got rid of the squirrel-in-the-attic problem by pruning back the trees so they can't get on the roof and gutters. They had eaten through the wood gutter to get in the attic.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Just put out a bowl of nuts in the shell.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

local news report tonight, someone killed 5 squirrels, if they are caught its 5 years in jail and a 25 thousand dollar fine

Reply to
hallerb

Where's this?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

plonk

Reply to
SteveB

If that's your attitude, then nothing. You've pretty much taken care of things. Good on you.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

OMIGAWD! Did you go to Catholic school, too?

The DI got in my face during basic. I calmly told him, "You don't scare me. I went to Catholic School."

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Now *that* sounds like fun! How much black powder does it take to blow up the little bastards?

PB

Reply to
Plague Boy