Springs for hanging curtains

replying to Darrel, TeresaOB66 wrote: Darrell did you ever get your answer?my mom used there too but I can?t find them. Hers had a flat metal clip screwed to the door or wall with a little bent metal hook that would hold each end of the spring. She used the on curtain with a feed channel at either end so she could secure the top & bottom of the curtain (usually on a door, but also used on a plastic curtain on the window in the shower.

Reply to
TeresaOB66

replying to Isabel, TeresaOB66 wrote: I think I found them.

TeresaOB66

On Sat 25 Aug 2018 04:14:28p, TeresaOB66 told us...

Perfect solution for the prpose. I have used these before, but didnd't remember where I got them. It was years ago.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

replying to Icn2u, MmeG wrote: Bless you. Spring sash worked in a google search. I?ve been looking for this for years and it seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Reply to
MmeG

replying to Darrel, Cherie wrote: I am looking for them too, to use in a vintage camper trailer. That way, I can use one top and bottom to hold the curtains close to the slanted walls.

Reply to
Cherie

replying to lee houston, vr wrote: Nope, not these.

Reply to
vr

replying to Darrel, vr wrote: I, too, am looking for these springs to hang curtains on back door. Can't find them anywhere.

Reply to
vr

replying to Cathleen, vr wrote: I do. I've been looking for them too. It seems they aren't made anymore. My husband brought home screen door springs. Way too big and strong for curtains.

Reply to
vr

replying to Stormin' Norman, vr wrote: No. Curtain wire is just straight wire. Curtain springs are actual coiled springs of varying lengths.

Reply to
vr

replying to Darrel, vr wrote: I'm looking for them too. We've had them in years past, in the U.S.

Reply to
vr

replying to kathy, vr wrote: I grew up using the window curtain springs in the U.S. I don't know where they were manufactured, but it definitely seems they are no longer available anywhere..

Reply to
vr

replying to vr, Dean wrote: Hello, curtain spring sash rod. KENNEY MFG. Curtain and Baths Outlet, 24 to

36 inch. Hope this helps
Reply to
Dean

replying to Darrel, Stacey fleming wrote: I know exactly what you are talking about and I am looking for them toooooo

Reply to
Stacey fleming

I am looking for them too. I am moving maybe have to take the old ones

Reply to
rosalinamoyer

I am looking for the same type of spring rod. They were the best! They were long lightweight springs held up by an eye hook on each end. There was some give on them but they did not sag if lightweight fabric was used. Great for kids shelves or basement shelves.

Reply to
JaimeLee

I know this post is quite old but I just came upon it and found the answer to the question in case someone is still searching. It's called Door Sash Tension Rod Zinc Spring Coil http://35.231.65.229/product/sash-rod-zinc-spring-like-for-door/

Reply to
Darlene

There's so much wrong with that URL. Don't click on it.

Scott Lurndal

The springs we used back in the day were very low profile and easy to install. It took one little nail on each end. I had way better luck with them than the cheap curtain rods of today. Yeah, no, on the nailing the curtain hahaha. You're funny.

Reply to
beckyjo

Wow! Mean! I am looking for these right now

Reply to
Benice

The new asian import versions are made out of zinc. i wouldn't put those on my antique doors. You can still find older USA ones around that are older steel, searching for "spring sash".

Reply to
James