Spa stain/sealer

When I bought my spas, the guy gave me about half a quart of Dux brand stain/sealer. I can't find it locally, and would like to use a substitute product. The wood looks like mahogany, but could be old fruit crates for all I know. It's time to respray and reseal.

Any suggestions of a common product that will do the deed?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Any sealer made for decks will work. With or without pigment. Something with silicone as an ingredient will bead the water best and longest.

Teak oil will also work (if indeed it is a hardwood like mahogany, ipe or teak) but will need more frequent reapplication.

Reply to
PipeDown

What brand spa? Most of the major spa manufacturers seem to be pretty clueless when it comes to long lasting, low effort maintenance for the wood parts of spas.

Reply to
Mys Terry