Bearing sizes (like 6203RS) same for all manufacturers?

I know nothing about bearings.

However, I am replacing some in my elliptical trainer machine to get rid of a noise. (This is the manufacturer Precor's prescribed solution.)

The bearings I need to replace have the number 6203RS stamped in the rubber ring.

My question: is this a standard size? If I order thus number bearing anywhere, will it have been machined to the same tolerances? Will it be the same bearing?

I assume the number is like how tire sizes are designated. Same number, same fit.

True?

Reply to
bryanska

Try this link and maybe follow it up with a call. These guys KNOW their bearings and are the old King Bearing now are Applied Industrial Technology.

Luck, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

yeah nearly all bearings have standard sizes # universal among manufacturers.

Reply to
hallerb

Take that number to your local NAPA or Carquest. They should be able to set you up.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT