Sound proofing I need some advice.

I would like to sound proof my whole place, but am first I just want the door and window ajacent to my balconly sound proofed. The sound I want blocked out is bats or birdys that have made a tree adjacent to my balacy. I thought of blowing the bitches away with a shot gun or posioning them, but have no got the know how to do that :)

Thats in winter and in summer we have some very noisy crickets. I have Tinitis from an ear infection and I HATE high pitched noise. Would love to come home and have a nice quiet place :)

I don't want to spend alot to do the sound proofing, but am willing to if nessary with doubled glazzed windows and doors ect, but lets try some cheap sollutions first :)

I have no idea what materials would be good to block high pitched sounds, so thats why I am asking here.

I was thinking of adding some heavy curtians and have vertical rectangular strips in the back of the curtian to block the sound, thinkness and type of foam I am not sure. I have realy no idea, but that sounds like it would work, but how well I don't know.

Also adding weather striping around the door and windows would help as well I suppose.,

I would also concider building some kind of screen around the balcony to block sound out as well, everything helps :)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
Obsidion

In general you want to block air exchange. Air caries sound very well. (Try opening your car's window as a train is going by.)

Next you want weight. Heavy things (drywall lead sheets etc.) block sound well.

You also want to prevent any direct solid connections. Stagger wall studs or use special isolation devices to keep the sound from traveling through the wall (remember the two cans on a string (well wire actuarially worked) you want to break the wire).

Filling in wall cavities with sound absorbing materials (accustical fiberglass bats) will do a little.

Point source control (special absorption material) at the source of the sound will also help.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Ear plugs. Fifty cents.

Reply to
HeyBub

Obsidion wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Dive off your balcony head first. You won't be bothered anymore.

Reply to
Stephen King