exterior sound proofing

Are there an exterior grade sound deadening materials? I would like to erect a barrier with it between my home and my generator. Frank GA My correct e-mail address is gno52 (not gn52) Fake adddress given to avoid spams

Reply to
Frank Thompson

Sure. You can build a concrete fence or plant some serious plants or both. Look at the stuff they use along highways. They use all kinds of materials, but one thing is common to all. They are solid and totally block line of sight which is also the line of sound. Evergreen plants tend to absorb it.

Inside you need to absorb the sound, but outside you can absorb it or just redirect it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Polyurthane foam works great fot that. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Here's a link that might help!