Solid Surface vanity and Undermount sink

My contractor works with the countertop place who sold me a Hi-Macs solid surface vanity. When I wanted a Kohler undermount sink they made it sound like that was very unusual and they wanted to charge me $150 to install the sink onto the countertop. What they ended up doing is making a plywood deck that the sink sets in then the countertop sets ontop of this. It's not installed yet so I don't know how it will turn out.

question is...what's the usual way to install a porcelin undermount sink onto a Hi-Macs countertop? The kohler documentation says "no epoxy" and to use the countertops recomendation for attachment.

Reply to
swampy

Have you checked the Hi Macs site?

Reply to
Art Begun

first build a cradle on the inside of the vanity (around perimeter) install top of cradle below vanity top (the thickness of the sink plus

1/16") place sink in/on cradle use 100% silicone (clear or color to match sink) around sink perimeter and dots the size of a nickel on vanity sides, front and back. place Hi-mac top over sink. let sit over night before installing fixture.

a cradle for any undermount sink is a must, for sink replacement. most people do NOT think of replacement. I can't tell you how many countertops I had to remove just to replace the sink. a vanity top is not to bad to remove. it's the granite (kitchen) tops that are a pain in the ass.

Reply to
Commander