Undermount bathroom sink

Any ideas on a good method of installing this sink...I've google for undermount technique and results are fuzzy. Ceramic tile? Travertine? Cultured something or 'nother? Formica?

Thanks for any suggestions.. Perry

Reply to
cajunpaisley

Clips screwed into the underside of the countertop. ___________

Huh? Are you asking how to install the sink or looking for suggestions for the top?

Reply to
dadiOH

Sorry, I should have written better post...installation will be fairly straightforward and I'm sure I won't have any trouble with that. I guess finish/trim recommendations are what I'm looking for.. Thanks. Perry

Reply to
cajunpaisley

There's not really any trim involved. You mount the sink to the underside of a solid (i.e. same waterproof material all the way through) countertop material that has an opening to match the sink. Silestone is a durable, worry-free material for this.

Reply to
mike

Undermount sink edges are nasty hard to clean unsanitary eyesores. Consider persuading SWMBO to go for a conventional and far better looking top mount arrangment. But if this threatens your relationship, then simply put the countertop face down, apply a slow cure 2 part epoxy to the sink and place sink on the counter top, install clips if supplied, and let the whole thing cure thoroughly. Install as a unit. As you will note in the displays at various stores, no trim around the sink rim is usually used, although it would improve the appearance a lot if it were. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I just finished installing a small round ceramic sink under a solid surface material similar to Corian. The material works easily, and sands and buffs to a high shine easily, and can be repaired.

Some caveats -making a backsplash with a curved transition between horizontal counter and vertical backsplash is non-trivial, at least for me. This material is normally 0.5 inches thick. You aren't supposed to put the anchors for the clips into material that is less than 1" thick. So plan to double the thickness of the counter around the rim. No big deal, but it will lower the drain 0.5". I attached mine with 100% GE silicone as per the recommendation, and then used clips. So far, so good.

Rob

Reply to
driverboy221