Solid Core Door Repair Question

I have a solid core door that appears to have some sort of particle board as the "core." I recently noticed that the core is sticking up out of the door's center at the top of the door. This prevents me from closing the door all the way.

I tried pushing the core down, but it just pops back up. Any ideas how to fix this?

Reply to
josemonkey

Try putting some glue on the part that is sticking out before you push it back in.

Reply to
scott21230

If you can push it down it isn't solid core. The particle core is just an edge filler. This door is intended only for dry indoor use only. It should never be used in a wet location. I would pry out the particle board strip, and cut fit and glue a piece of real wood in its place.

Reply to
EXT

Reply to
nospambob