Solar screen arc installation?

Hi experts. I am making solar screens for my windows because the high electricity bill here in Texas. I can make the square ones pretty easily, but the ones with the arc is impossible to do. There is no metal that can bend or curve for this to happen. Anyone figure out a way to do this him/herself? I appreciate the input!

p.s: For people who have done solar screen installs, how much have you saved per month on average in electricity bills? Thanks.

Reply to
luvtopost

Just to clarify. What i meant was the window has an arc at the top which also needs to be covered by the solar screen. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Reply to
zcarenow

I know there is a machine that is used to bend the channel. Never seen one and that is probably why the arched windows cost so much to have done. Your probably going to have to call a local contractor for those.

I paid a contractor to put shade screens on my last house. It was about $500.00 sorry I moved in in the winter time and by summer I had replaced the a/c as well. Total electric bill drop was about 50% from the high of the previous owner. Which is irrelevant cause I do not know how many people there were nor how they ran the home.

Your savings will depend a lot on the type of screen material and the number of full sun windows you have. Guessing I would think ~10% maybe more. I used the screens to keep the furniture from solar fade.

Reply to
SQLit

Doesn't seem like much at all, if any. Have the full solar screens installed on one side of a 2 story house, the side where the sun hits it the most. A little cooler, it blocks the sun but also blocks the view compared with the regular screen. I wanted to take it off during winters which is a PIA for a

2-story house. If I have to do it again awnings over the windows would be the way to go.
Reply to
Fred