Solar battery chargers/maintainers

A zillion out there; just wondering anybody have favorites and/or recommendatons for specifics?

Multiple in same location would be nice; both mowers park side-by-side as well as old truck and the manlift in the shed together...others more-or-less individually parked.

And, the old 4440 uses two 6-V in series instead of 12V so a 6V output would be nice there...

With over a dozen, it's a pain keeping up w/ all...

--

Reply to
dpb

To someone who started with a Farmall B, the 4440 cannot be considered old :-)

(the 4440 is pretty desirable even now and has held its value well).

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

will those work on my scooter

i like a strong battery when i pop wheelies

Reply to
%

I have one of these for my boat, one for my lawn tractor and one for my wife's car that she never drives. They seem to work as advertised. The LED indicator is handy. If you plug the lighter plug in with the collector unplugged it says the lighter plug is working and with the lighter plug out and the cable hooked to the collector, you know the collector is working.

gfretwell

Indeed...other than it doesn't have hydroshift it makes ideal-sized loader tractor or for other light-duty jobs its now bigger brothers take care of. This one still has <5000 original hours altho the cab interior needs completely redone.

First I was old enough to handle and that I remember using regularly were M's. Grandpa had several little Cat 22's for row crop work back in

20s-30s; one of those was still around until Dad sold it to be fully restored while at school. The old Twin City 30-20 was still around and ran, but was only an emergency by then...
Reply to
dpb

Thanks...

_"If you plug the lighter plug in ..."_

Not a one of these other than the 4440 has such an amenity... :)

Reply to
dpb

Overall, that might be no more expensive...thanks for the thought.

Reply to
dpb

The worst problem with it isn't it, per se, but that have the old 148 loader instead of 158 that didn't come along until several years later.

dpb

I was pleasantly surprised.

Reply to
gfretwell

Our neighbor had an M, we used it to run the threshing machine (through the 1970's, until my grandfather quit planting oats). The Super C and the B pulled the wagons with the bundles of grain to the thresher. The B had the cultivator attachment and was used as such.

Grandpa also had a couple Minneapolis Moline row croppers. Hand clutch; don't remember the model numbers.

Other Grandpa had mostly Massey Fergusons, and a ford 8n.

Only green was a hay baler.

Nowadays, just a small Kubota and a green lawn tractor and the auctions on RFD :-)

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

A John Deere B?

The ones I remember were something like Z, U, and so on.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman