Snowblower

I have a old MW machine that has a 5hp B/S Eng. New plug ,carb kit and I still have to prime it through the plug hole to start it. Can these engines be retrofitted with a primer kit? Frank

Reply to
Frank

Not usually needed on those old timers. Simple choking should work fine. Since it doesn't, your carburetor may be still need passages cleaned out. Consider replacement as the final option. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

No offense intended, Frank, but I would go back through your rebuild process and think about how well you cleaned everything out. Did you spray everything with carb cleaner, let it sit and spray it again, even maybe a third time? Did you use compressed air to blow out every possibility of dir from the smallest passages? If you don't have a compressor a soda straw and a lot of lung power have worked for me. I did get a bit lightheaded, though. Were you meticulous at getting every gasket seat very clean without scarring them with a screwdriver or knife? Lastly, what did you use as your initial settings for the idle and fast run screws? Was it 1.5 turns out (CCW) from full, soft stop?

Like I said, no offense intended. Sometimes we can all forget the simplest things.

Best of luck, Chuck

Reply to
C & E