Simple...Right?

Grrrrrrr...

I've got one of those Maglights I keep in the truck. Went to replace the batteries, well, one finally came out, after a slew of &#$%^&**(, and a bit of banging. Now the other one is stuck. Seems they started to explode or something. Because, the one that I got out looks pregnant. Does heat cause this? BTW, they're Energizer, and the one says best used b/4 01-2007.

How do I get the other one out? Any hints? Or, throw it away and get a new one.

Thanks

Reply to
josh

The top and bottom screw off. Use a wood dowel placed inside the tube against the lodged battery and rap the end of the dowel with a hammer. It'll come out.

RicodJour

Hey Rico,

I wish it were that simple. The top does unscrew, but, the bulb is in that section. The holder the bulb sits in, seems to be stationary. I can't see the battery top because of the holder.

Wow, the things I work on, and something like this just blows me away.

Reply to
josh

Send the whole lite & batteries to energiser if its ruined , they will send you a new one free

Reply to
m Ransley

Heh, bound and determined, I tried something I used to do years ago on car battery terminals. The ole baking soda and water. Mixed up a bit, dumped it in, and within minutes it ate the corrosion. The other battery slid right out. It's a wonder the light still worked with the batteries the way they were.

Reply to
josh

Energizer warrants their products and will replace anything damaged. Send it to them. Simple...right?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

Edwin,

Does it take practice to be a jerk, or are you a born natural jerk?

Ransley had already posted that remedy. You could've taken the time and read the update I posted.

Reply to
josh

Josh you are the jerk to suggest that of EP, to bad I didnt suggest you use a big hammer instead on that crap light of yours. How many years were the batteries in it, 10.

Reply to
m Ransley

"m Ransley" wrote

Lighten up Ransley and get a thicker skin. If Ed wants to get a smartass attitude, that's his problem. Why is it any concern of yours? Are you babysitting for him today, or playing big brother?

Reply to
josh

Look..a Usenet newbie.... I see the pot calling the kettle black here.. Oh Josh.. I know I am an ass, I dont need you to tell me, but you know, Ed prob did as I did first...read your original, and typed in a reply without reading Marks... I canceled it when I read how postal you went...and did this one.. My suggestion was the same..except, I had thrown in that with MagLites so damn cheap, why not go buy another one? Under $40? LOL..lord...go buy a real light and whine then...when your $300 SureFire craps out, then you can bitch over it...MagLites make good hammers when they are more than a month old.

Reply to
CBHVAC

This is Turtle

I see your missing out on a great newsgroup that you would fit right in by this reply you have here. alt.hvac would love to have you in their ranks as a back up flame member and if you wanted someone to explain about all the fun by Flaming at alt.hvac , just ask CBHVAC and he can explain all the fun to be had there flaming everybody who wants to flame.

I would suggest to not go there with the thicker skin theory at alt.home.repair.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

The only "smartass" is you josh.

Reply to
m Ransley

"CBHVAC" wrote

LOL, shows how little you know.

Get back into my twit box, dang nymshifter.

Reply to
josh

Yeah, but Ransley didn't say that Energizer had a warranty and that Energizer would at least replace the batteries, maybe even the flashlight too.

If it was me, I'd inquire of Energizer whether they would stand behind their products with a warranty. You might even get a free battery or two.

In any event, it couldn't hurt to contact Energizer. It could be a manufacturing defect and they'd want to know about it. Might be worthwhile. Or not.

Reply to
HeyBub

Now this is funny. USENET newsgroups are a wonderful thing, but we don't all see the same messages at the same time. Ransly's post showed up later. This post never showed on my server, but I happened to see it when someone else made a comments.

So, since I did post accurate information, I'll et the readers of this group deice who the natural born jerk really is.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Makes me wonder if you could drill a hole in the end of the battery, and turn in a screw (have a wire or pice of perforated strap around the screw before you insert the screw). Then pull the wire or perforated galvanized strap to exert a pull on the battery.

Clean thoroughly with water and scrub brush, and leave open to dry over night before reinstalling batteries. And change the batteries more often.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon