Shredding Alternatives? How to securely destroy 40 lbs. of documents

IIRC, some people can read the ashes.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Don't put too many pages down at once. And cheaper shredders do not like staples. Also make sure you have good ventilation. Some of the gasses that comes off are something to behold.

Last time I have a "dirty" shred (old 8 mm tapes and fax ribbons), I called the shreeding company directly. They had me come in. Don't remember the cost, but it was reasonable.

Oh and wait till you are having a bad day. Shredding is good for the spirit.

Stir the up!

I remember in the military putting material to be destroyed down a food processor (with a bunch of water) and then flushing the mess down the officers toilets. Some times we forget to flush (on purpose, NEVER!). They got really pissed . Thought it was puke. Good Time. Good Times.

Trivially avoidable by stirring up the ashes when the fire is out.

Reply to
zall

rbowman

I'm going to be cremated. Should I have my ashes spread out in a frame like a portrait?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

My financial firm is uppity. The bi-annual Shredding Days are "clients only" events. They use Iron Mountain internally. Twice a year Iron Mountain sends a truck or two to the parking lot.

They don't check id's or anything, but the invitations always say "Clients Only". The clients alone can fill a truck or more.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Maybe like a newspaper, so people can read your ashes.

Reply to
micky

My brother was cremated. The plan was to dump the ashes into the ocean at the beach near Lompoc. His ecologically aware son managed to turn that into a real Charlie Foxtrot. I think they finally managed to get the job done with all the proper permits in order.

Reply to
rbowman

There is a near here boat here that takes out the ashes and some of the mourners. They go to a spot and the ashes are encased in something and deposited to the seabed where a reef is being built from them. There is a hoist to lower them and some sort of a sevice when they do.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I just toss things in the trash. My thinking is that with computers no one is going to sort through a buch of garbage.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery