Shower surround repair

I have an off-white shower surround and and thinking of removing a portion to replace the tub/shower valves. Does anyone know of a source and brand for an overlay (say 18" x 18") that I can put on top of the cut out and glue to the original surround after the valve(s) are replaced??? I'm located near Annapolis Maryland.

Thanks.

Reply to
nospamplse

Access from the opposite wall (back side); leaving the surround in tact?

-- Oren

Oren

As Oren suggests you would typically access the valve from the wall behind the valve. If there is no access panel present then you would have to cut it out and path it up when you are done. Even if there was an overlay for a surround available (and I have never heard of such a thing) my guess is it would look pretty bad.

Reply to
Eric9822

Not the OP but behind my bathtub valve is my tiled shower stall. ;-)

Reply to
mm

The architect/building inspector or all those associated with that blunder ought to be punished for the crime. Maybe watching Idol reruns for hours at a time at 90 dB.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Hmmm. Thats messed up. Good luck when you need to repair your plumbing.

Reply to
Eric9822

Have a three valve system and was planning a single valve so rear access is not a solution.

Reply to
nospamplse