Shower spigot problem

Hello,

I'm putting in a new shower head and the problem I have is that when I thread the angled spigot stem into the threaded right angle pipe coupling that is in the wall, when it's finally tight the angled spigot is pointing upwards. If I loosen it so it's pointing down I'm afraid it's pretty loose and I'm afraid of leaks. Is there a common soultion for this? I can't see how this is hapenning because there is only one way to solder on the right angle pipe coupling. It's not like you can install it upside down. And I would think the shower head stem would be designed so that when you tighten it it ends up point downwards. Any help is appeciated.

Reply to
fdumont

Add a couple more turns of teflon tape. Or buy another arm, they are cheap.

Reply to
bamboo