Shower plumbing install

I need to install a drop el (female thread). The drop el is brass and has two ears with holes so it can be secured to a wooden brace. My question is how far out should this el be located? Flush with the finished wall? TIA

Reply to
Phisherman

If for the shower head- keep it back enough that the chrome pipe for the head does not have pipe threads showing past any escutcheon.

If for the spigot- allow enough setback from the finished wall that the spigot will sit flush with the finished wall or surround.

MikeB

Reply to
bq340

Buy your rough-in and finish fittings. They will have instructions on what they need and how to fit them. Some require male threads, some female, some flush, some set back, some a copper tube that the trim holds onto with a set screw. There doesn't seem to be a standard. Check the manufacturer first.

Reply to
EXT