Shower massage hand held part needed.

I have a no-name brand hand held shower massage in which a pinhole leak has developed in the plastic fixture that connects the device to the pipe coming out of the wall. I have included two photos:

These are two views of the same part. Side-2 shows that there is a second, smaller part that fits inside the larger part.

I was just going to replace the entire thing and not bother with finding a replacement part however I cannot find any new models that has the one feature I really like and that is at the bottom of the handle of the sprayer, there is a variable flow control. It lets you control the water pressure in whichever spray mode you select.

Is there a comparable model for sale now that has a variable flow control? The ones I see now are equipped with pause buttons but that is either all on or all off choice. If not, is there a generic part I can use to replace the old part that leaks? If so, what do you call that part?

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
David Farber

Would a simple flow-control valve work - in between the new shower head and the pipe ?

Reply to
hubops

How about a drop of crazy glue to try to seal the leak? Nothing to lose. Soaking it in vinegar or CLR to get the minerals off would clean it up too.

Reply to
trader_4

Or marine epoxy.

Fake ID

After going to several hardware stores, I found a generic connector, which was packaged as a shower bracket. It did the job but the cradle that holds the shower massage handle wasn't a secure fit and it kept falling out of the bracket. I looked to see if there was a different sized bracket that would fit the handle I had. By pure accident I noticed that there was a brand name etched very lightly around the edge of the shower massager and it is a Waterpik. I called Waterpik and explained the problem and sent them the link to the pictures of the parts. A few minutes later they asked me for my shipping address and they are going to send me the replacement part as a courtesy, no charge. That was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
David Farber