shower head

Result..... I decided to take the high road and just submerge the head in a bag of white vinegar taped around it. Funny but after I got it secured in place, the bag sprung a leak but with quick thinking, I got tape to stop it and it worked good enough. I left it submerged for about 9 hours. My wife used the shower after my repair and said it was noticeably better. In hindsight I should have taken the head off but I was so careful when I put it on with plumber's tape 6 months earlier, I didn't really want to disturb it so that was the reason I took the high road.

Reply to
Doug

I missed a couple here.. what was Use 20 and 59 ?

Reply to
Doug

A pin vise. Looks much like oe of those bit holders for the miniature screw driver sets except it has a chuck that opens up and closes down just like the usual 3/8" drill.

Most peoplel use tip cleaners for torch nozzles and I have used one to clean the car spray nozzles.

Do a google for pin vise. You'll get lots of sources for both the vise and drills, mostly in sets.

I forget what the name is for those drills. Wire size drill bits?

Hawrry K

Reply to
Harry K

Normally I would agree, I know it's safe on chrome plated brass, if it's real gold plating it should be OK as well, if it's "gold-tone" plating who knows?

nate

Reply to
N8N

A #60 to #80 set is probably what you're after. Diameters are from 0.0135" to 0.035". The biggest problem is losing them!

Reply to
croy

I already ordered this set.

Never heard of them before. Used to put together model kits, mostly ships. Just used nail clippers, a nail file and exacto knife to trim up pieces. But I've got a flaky gas burner here, and these might work to clean it.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

N8N wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@s18g2000vby.googlegroups.co m:

I am an N scale railroad modeler. I use these minature drill bits and pin vises all the time.

I get mine from Micro-Mark

. I am not associated with MicroMark in any way wxcept as a customer.

Reply to
John Carter

John Carter wrote in news:Xns9FEECAB77857Djcartgmailcom@74.209.136.100:

household VINEGAR will remove those mineral deposits,and cheaper than CLR or Lime-Away. all of them are mild acids.

did you bother to check the Moen website? maybe they have cleaning info.

the "gold"(brass?) plating may be titanium nitride,and not much is going to harm that. brass plating would need a coating to prevent tarnish,TiN doesn't tarnish.

"John Carter";interesting.... are you familiar with Edgar Rice Burrough's Martian series? Have you seen Princess of Mars or John Carter of Mars?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

The problem is Energy Star madness. 14 years ago you could buy a showerhead that was self cleaning by virtue of the fact that the holes were large enough that the flow of water would clean the mineral deposits.

These days, Water Sense shower heads are limited to less than 2 gpm, even less than the previous low flow 2.5 gpm heads. The only way you can get any kind of performance with that low a flow is to make needle size holes that plug up in the presence of any kind of mineral deposit.

So you get a crappy shower and get to constantly clean or replace the shower head.

Reply to
Robert Neville

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9FEEDD6D3BECCjyaniklocalnetcom@216.168.3.44:

I have been told of this one, but I more often am asked if I am that Dr. John Carter from the old TV series "ER". I do have a PhD and where I received my degree, they told me I should use the title, I did only professionally. SInce I retired, I am just plain old John Cartr.

Reply to
John Carter