shop vac recommendation?

When I went shopping 10 or 15 years ago, Sears and Shop-Vac were the same except for color. Oh, maybe the exact HP was different or the exact set of included attachments, but Shop-Vac clearly made it.

Reply to
micky

So we had a square place to put the filters, but we only had triangular filters. And these weren't just to keep out dust, these were to make the oxygen we needed to breathe. So you think you have problems? I had two dolts with me on this ride and if I didn't know origami, we'd have been dead by the time we landed. As it is, we were cold as ice.

Reply to
micky

Buy a Lucas Shop Vac. If it's like any of their other products it will really suck!!!

Reply to
clare

Didn't wrap in Agent.

Reply to
clare

doesn't post that way.

ramble (text just wrapped in the input box) on like I always do and see how this (wrapped again) appears when it hits the newreaders of the fine membe rs of this (wrapped again) group.

So I guess I should do my own wrapping to keep y'all happy.

I just pasted the following 2 sentences from my previous post into the GG i nput box, then manually added a CR where the input box wrapped it automatic ally. Nothing changed on my screen, i.e it didn't move the line next lines down. My guess is that *this* paragraph is not wrapped, but the following o ne is.

Posting via GG with IE. This is a test of the wrap feature so I'll just ramble (text just wrapped in the input box) on like I always do and see how this (wrapped again) appears when it hits the newreaders of the fine member s of this (wrapped again) group.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yeah, but any time it breaks, you just pull over and stop.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

But, does it suck!?

A friend is a general contractor and was selling off a buncha old shop vacs of various brands. I bought the smallest and loudest. Why? It out-sucked all the others. Decide what you want, then buy. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Good point. If you can't find it, rule of thumb: Small hose loud. Larder hose quieter.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Does it suck or blow?

Reply to
Tekkie®

What are you? Twelve?

nb

Reply to
notbob

vacuuming. No, it's not as good as new, but it's sure works in a pinch.

You mean when it's wet/dry/hot/cold/lazy?

Reply to
Tekkie®

When a vacuum gets plugged the motor unloads and speeds up, making it louder. It unloads because the turbine blades "stall" and are not moving any air - therefore doing no work.

Reply to
clare

Per DerbyDad03:

That's what I did and it works well for me.

Adds to the bulk, but I just put the whole thing on a wheeled cart and it's pretty much transparent now.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per Tekkie®:

Windsurfers say "If it's not blowing, it sucks".

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

This is better than what you used the previous time. Now that I've quoted it, I can see that your enitre paragraph is one line, because there is no > on the second line. This is inconvenient when I want to put comments within a paragraph. I have to remember to start from the bottom up, for example.

But OTOH, it wraps for me, even in Agent 1.93, because I have my own word wrap for reading turned on. That's command O or o in Agent.

And why is it better than the previous time? The previous time, when you first replied to NOTBOB in this thread, all your quoted lines ended in -20, even the blank lines that were quoted now had =20 right after > And all of your own lines ended in =, except blank lines and the last line of each paragraph.,

Reply to
micky

Both wrapped for me (OE) but Chrome stuck in an extra line feed; i.e., there was a blank line between wrapped lines.

Reply to
dadiOH

None of his posts have looked like that for me, all have been perfectly fine. Must be the readers that mess them up.

Reply to
dadiOH

You use Windows OE. My guess is, most readers --and even servers-- are geared for Windows use. This is screwy, as usenet (newsgroups) was originally CLI (command line interface). Usenet preceeds even the world wide web (www) and GUIs (graphic user interface). So, essentially, what M$ has done is corrupted the original concept to their own advantage by changing the standards. Even Gobble, which is basically all Linux, concedes to M$'s dominance by making their servers (Gobble Groups) and readers (G2) conform to M$'s corruption. Typically, only ppl that adhere to usenets original stds are affected. Yes, my reader (slrn) can wrap corrupted lines, but why should I have to. I jes KF anyone who uses GG as a newsreader.

You can, also:

nb

Reply to
notbob

You make it sound like it's either the sender or the reader. There is meant to be agreement between clients at both ends as to how text will be rendered. That you have a reader that agrees with his does not make the problem at other reader's end. That may or may not be true and it may or may not be a problem at t he sender's end.

Reply to
micky

I have used Shop Vac and Craftsman. For either one, primary use might be an important consideration. I use mine largely for sucking algae out of our artificial pond.....vacuuming what settles on the bottom. The shop vac was much easier to handle for a couple of reasons: the lid did not have to be latched in order to vacuum, and that made dumping water out much easier. It wasn't great big, so required frequent emptying. It was left out in the rain a number of times (too tired from vacuuming/emptying to put it away), so it finally bit the dust. The Craftsman has the benefit of having a drain port, a good idea but part of overall pissy design; the drain port is on the same side as the vacuum hose, so if I open it, it drains water at my feet. Can hook up a hose if I want to haul all that stuff around. The C. has fussy latches to take the top off; they don't release both sides easily. the wands and hose have a clip that must be depressed to release from each other and from attachments. Harder to use than the SV. Connecting a hose to the drain valve also requires purchasing a separate adapter. There is a pump available that will pump out the vac, but have not gone that way.

Reply to
Norminn