Shoot through the door

As for shooting at a fleeing subject, you are correct regarding some jurisdictions. In my state, however:

--- begin quote Texas Penal Code 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property: (1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section

9.41; and (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary: (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or (B) to prevent the other who is FLEEING immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and (3) he reasonably believes that: (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

--- end quote

No cop would EVER tell you to drag the deceased inside! For starters, how would you explain the trail of blood?

Remember, too, you always have the right to self-defense (unless you live in the UK). Also, remember it's your word against nobody's*. "Officer, he kept shouting 'I'm gonna kill you! I'm gonna kill you! And I, in fear of my life, defended myself!"

Reply to
HeyBub

Don't know about skeet, but you can hunt Snipe ONLY at night.

Reply to
HeyBub

I grew up with a kid whose Dad was DNR. They both had a rather wicked sense of humor, so when we were out having someone hunt snipe it wasn't unusual for Dad to come through the woods, find the dude and write him up for hunting snipe out of season.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I've heard this is tampering with evidence, and will get you in a lot more trouble.

.

I've heard people told candidly by cops that if they shoot someone outside to drag him inside.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The same thing is true in most of the USA. If I shot someone through a closed door in NJ, in most cases, I'd be charged. There could be exceptions. Like if the perp was firing through the door too. Or maybe if they had proved themselves to be extremely dangerous and violent, like they had nearly killed you already, they were bashing the door down and if they got through it was likely they could kill you before you could stop them, etc.

It's going to be interesting to see how the case of Pistorious plays out in South Africa. In my book, it's murder, no question. I mean who shoots someone 4 times through a bathroom door, even if they think it's a burglar? Any normal person would yell out Who's in there? Stop! I have a gun, etc. You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe his story that he didn't know it was his GF who had been in the house for hours.

I'm still waiting to hear the bullet trajectories. I'm hoping it shows she was bracing herself against the door to keep him from breaking in when the shots were fired.

Reply to
trader4

LOL, yeah I picked up on that too. What a dope. Like one blast isnt' enough? But two, that now leaves the gun unloaded, is the right number..... And this is the guy that's working on gun legislation for Obama......

If I did it here, NJ, it's against the law. Something about discharging a weapon in the town limits...... It's illegal in a lot of suburban areas.

It sure does. Maybe the govt should take Biden's guns away......

Bingo!

And as usual, the major networks just ignore it. Funny thing that. I'm sure you remember what they did to Dan Quail. He made a mistake once a year, mispelling potato and they ran away with it. Biden pulls some really, really dumb stuff, about every other week and the major networks ignore it.

Reply to
trader4

What's even more amazing is that he made the "shoot through the door" statement AFTER he already was under fire (pardon the pun), for saying to fire the shotgun in the air from the porch.....

And this is the guy working on how to make the USA safer via new gun laws......

Reply to
trader4

Was the judge in on the act?

.

I grew up with a kid whose Dad was DNR. They both had a rather wicked sense of humor, so when we were out having someone hunt snipe it wasn't unusual for Dad to come through the woods, find the dude and write him up for hunting snipe out of season.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Irony should be painful.

.

What's even more amazing is that he made the "shoot through the door" statement AFTER he already was under fire (pardon the pun), for saying to fire the shotgun in the air from the porch.....

And this is the guy working on how to make the USA safer via new gun laws......

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

He never did it on official paper and when the snipe part was revealed, so was "ticket".

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Sure, they are caged in this little machine and we turn them loose on demand, under the lights.

Reply to
gfretwell

A real sportsman would use a bow. :-)

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Wow. He doesn't seem to aim. This guy isn't bad either:

I had no idea anyone could actually do this.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Criminals would never break the law. Only Joe "Plugs" Biden would do that.

Reply to
krw

I knew a woman who bagged a black bear with a 10/22. One shot, right between the eyes (head hanging in the den). She used a little bigger artillery (3030) to get her polar bear rug, though.

Reply to
krw

Yes, and reloading is much less expensive.

.

A real sportsman would use a bow. :-)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Shotgun ban.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Nope.

krw

We went to a gun show today. Showed up at 9:30 and there were several hundred people (line stretched 4-500') standing in line outside in the cold. OK, it was 35F but that's damned cold here. We went back in the afternoon when it was more sane but it was pretty picked over (did score three gun rugs for $12).

krw

I did not think there would be anything worth while to go to a gun show now. Most likely any gun, magazine, or ammo worth having has already been sold. If anyting is left, it is probably way over priced.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery