SHIPPING AND SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGE

I spent more than $25 and received free shipping but then there is another charge for "shipping and handling". How can that be? Then they said if I placed another order within 24 hours regardless of price it would be free shipping. I put together another order within a few hours that was above $25 and again it shows "shipping and handling charge" I will not place the second order. What gives with this? There must be greater transparency.

Reply to
Sharon Prager

What company?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Amazon?

Copy your invoice, with the items you bought, to this thread.

Reply to
micky

I assume with Amazon. Did not happen with me. First item was about $40 with free shipping but they have one or two days checked with shipping charge and you have to change this to longer time to get free. My second item in the 24 hour window was less than $25 and shipped free too. They both came in about a week in the same package.

I guess they default to paid, shorter time even when they say free and you have to change order to longer time to get free.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

You have to pay attention to the default way of shipping.

Most of the time I order from Amazon it defaults to a shipping charge and I have to check off the free shipping block.

Saw where companies may be doing away with free shipping due to rising costs.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Yes, Ralph probably got it right. I don't know how they phrase it but they probably *offer* free shipping, but once you get to the last page, you have to check the free shipping choice or they give you the $6 or 7 choice. It's a little annoying, but I learned to review the receipt numbers on the right.

This last time was espeically tricky. Bought 4 things, it was charging for shipping and I checked the free box and it was still charging something. It turned out that it had been split into two orders, and the break between orders was just at the bottom of my screen, so no sign of the second one unless I scrolled down, and I'd only checked free for the first one. It's a little annoying, but Amazon does so many other things right that I forgive them.

Reply to
micky

I have seen this from other companies, except they separate the two. One charge for shipping (usually free) and one for handling (fuel surcharges, etc.) which is typically around $2.50 or so.

Vendors are getting a bit crabby over the high shipping costs since the election.

How much was the charge?