Shed/storage question

Sheds cost an arm and a leg.

I am thinking digging a hole on my property to store certain material underground. Do I need governmental permission to dig (I live Oklahoma) half a garage size large and deep hole?

Some of the stuff that I want to store are lots of books and papers. They could rott when I just put them in the ground, cover them with a blanket and throw dirt over it. What material could I use to wrap around to protect the books and papers to protect the books and papers?

Reply to
summersongblues

perhaps you can scan your documents and store the files on dvd's; download the electronic version of the books and store them on dvd's. where would the removed dirt all go? when it rains, the sidewalls could collapse slowly or like a mudslide. although it is interesting it could present a danger of collapse or drowning for anyone walking onto the property, which is usually some variety of a criminal negligence offense. depending on the climate, the underground storage with its dampness and freezing/thawing could accelerate the damage to your items.

Reply to
buffalobill

This has to be a troll. There is nothing worth keeping secret in Oklahoma.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Consider burning them first. The space compression is pretty dramatic; you could then store the ashes glass jar where they will be protected from humidity.

Is rott a Oklahoman term?

Reply to
Toller

You apparently don't give a rat's a** about the papers and books so why bother throwing them into a hole to "keep" them. If this isn't a troll you aren't demonstrating a great deal of common sense. If it is a troll you aren't demonstrating great deal of common sense.

Reply to
C & E