sewage back up

two toilets one upstairs and one down, the down backed up spilling crap all over the place. The toilet is set on a raised floor. Will the whole floor be effected ?? and what else should i be looking for ? What are the concern here, other then the obvious ?

tia lucy

Reply to
lucydiamonds3

yes jim, septtic is being taken care of.

the downstairs is on a slab about 4 - 5 feet below ground the toilet is on a raised floor, perhaps a foot off the slab, the raised floor is made of wood and covered with vinyl flooring. Thank you very much for the reply.

lucy

Reply to
lucydiamonds3

The sewer (or septic) is blocked somewhere. I assume this is being adressed.

Is the downstairs bath over a basement or crawl space? On a slab? What is the floor made of?

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I guess I would be concerned if it was likely that contaminated water got into the wood flooring or into the space below the flooring.

Don't go crazy though. Disinfect surfaces you can get at (vinyl floor, etc.). Hidden areas will eventually dry out and germs will die off.

If there is concern, drill holes (somewhere) to give access to the space below the floor and inject/spray commercial disinfectant in there.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim