Severed mineral rights

I don't know if this off-topic but here goes.

Most homes are now sold without mineral rights. I would like to hear of attempts to regain severed mineral rights. I hate it when those rights do not pay taxes until figurative gold is found.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Rifle

You would need to check with a local attorney. I would guess it would depend on the contract wording if it is possible at all. Likely you are going to need to buy them back. BTW I have never heard of that around where I live.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Not owning the mineral rights is quite common here in Oklahoma. When the indians started selling off their land they kept the mineral rights. That worked out well, since there are plenty of minerals in Oklahoma.

Bill Gill

Reply to
Bill