septic

I have a 30+ septic system. The tank is cement and I'm trying to find the first distrbution box..I have a hand drawing from the builder but wonder if it is correct..I am wondering if the output from the tank is always opposite the input line? I am assuming that the inflow line goes into the 'back' of the tank and not the side. If it does go in the side then the drawing could be correct unless some tanks outflow can be on the side and not opposite ends..The drawing also shows 3 distribution boxes..Is the pipe to the first box usually solid? Thoughts?

Reply to
DickB

trying to find

builder but

the tank is

'back' of the

drawing

side and not

boxes..Is the

Is the pipe to the first box usually solid? Do you mean from the house to the system? Yes, certainly, but I must misunderstand because I'd think you'd find that pretty obvious.

Anyway, we have a similar setup and the pipe goes into the back of it from the house, it overflows through solid pipes into the next chamber, and goes out to the leech field. The third compartment on ours is for the kitchen sink; really just sort of a leech field; and a smaller pipe goes into that hcamber. The exit toward the leech field comes out of the middle chamber opposite the side the input's on.

Lots of stuff on the 'net - have you tried Google for pictures?

Pop

Reply to
Pop Rivet