Self-aligning screw thread?

Perhaps it was a Danish influence. Danish has been referred to as a throat disease, generally by Swedes.

Reply to
rbowman

Correction: "aren't" brilliant.....

Reply to
Meanie

German, with a seasick accent.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Agreed. If you're inferior to others, you should die off.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Most people have the same problem.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Oh dear, shot yourself in the foot there didn't you? Can't align your fingers with the keyboard properly eh?

You remind me of an American professor. I'd fixed something on his computer, and required him to type his password. He asked me to move out of the way. I looked to one side and covered my eyes, and promised him I wouldn't look, then he rather angrily told me he couldn't possibly type from a slight angle!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Sorry, "fretwell" and "bowman" get confused in my head, since I don't really know either of you. I just had you down as "that American".

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You misspelt theft.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The trouble with having a good strong bit is it's more likely to damage the shit screw.

And with pilot drills, I always buy the cheapest possible, because simply by moving your hand slightly to one side by mistake, you can snap any bit of any quality. I'd rather lose cheap ones.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'm the one with the MAGA hat that will put a noose around your neck as I pour bleach in your mouth...

Reply to
rbowman

You Mark Weiber's cousin now???

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Your lack of brilliance needs to point out a typo as your only means of a retort. Thanks for proving my point.

Reply to
Meanie

why do people continue to reply to these fuckwitted limey trolls?

Reply to
ChairMan

Don't know or care what a maga is.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Are and aren't is not a typo. A typo is hitting the wrong key. You actually used a word which is an opposite. That's a severe brain fart.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why can you see this conversation? Can't you work out how to killfile me properly?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Aren't you supposed to give the drill a wiggle before you pull it out. Many do for some odd reason.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

No. They do that to remove the burr at the bottom but then you get an hourglass shaped hole which results in a loss of thread depth at the top and the bottom. I suppose it thicker material it won't matter as much but in thin stock it will matter. phil k.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

A cheap twist drill dulls quickly so then you have to push harder and then snap.

I like a quality HSS with cobalt twist drill, it stays sharp a lot longer so it cuts easier and faster.

Reply to
devnull

Fine for larger ones, but thin drills for pilots, you can break any quality drill by simply being not too exact with the angle. Better to waste cheap ones.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey